Sunday, October 21, 2012

Fall in Colorado

Clearly I have gotten lazy on this whole blogging thing! It's not that I've been busy it's more that nothing has really been going on. I did have a temp job for about 5 weeks doing customer service/data entry stuff up in Boulder. It wasn't a bad job but it did require me to sit in front of a computer for 7 hrs straight and talk on the phone A LOT. Two things I don't really like to do :) The guys I worked with liked sports so that was nice. Finally got to talk to people in person about sports. My roommate leaves the house on Saturdays when Florida plays because I apparently get really into the games. I try not to and tell myself at the beginning of the games to just sit there and watch and stay calm but when refs make bad calls or players make dumb plays I can't help myself! I've titled this blog "Fall in Colorado" but I feel like a lot have days have been winter. Apparently I am in for a big surprise when winter actually gets here. It has already snowed here and when I wore a sweater and winter coat to work I got made fun of and they asked what I was going to do when it actually got cold. I guess 27 degrees isn't cold to them but to this Florida girl it is!
I have really taken advantage of living in Colorado though these past 2 weekends and have gone hiking 3 times! It's pretty tough and I feel like my legs are going to fall off while I'm hiking up these mountains but it's totally worth it! One day I'll actually hike a fourteener but not it's not going to happen this year! Lyndee and I went to Saint Mary's Glacier last Saturday because I wanted to see fall leaves. Well, we didn't see any! I felt like I was in a blizzard because it was snowing and windy but Lyndee told me not to be dramatic. :)
The next day I went hiking up the Royal Arch trail in Boulder. It was a whole lot warmer and I got to see my fall leaves. The trail was about a mile long and it was like climbing a steep staircase the entire way!
I have started going to the young adults small group at the church I attend. It's really good despite the people being more on the younger side than me. I have had quite a few awkward moments the last couple of weeks. Well, not really awkward for me because I don't care but I think awkward for them. We break up into guys and girls for prayer time and this one girl feels the need to say whatever she thinks so 2 weeks ago she was talking about how nice everyone looked (mind you, I was wearing jeans, my "football is everything" hoodie and had a braid in my hair because I hadn't washed it in 4 days) and she went around the room saying what was nice about each person. When she got to me she says "and you, with your um, braid!" It was funny. Then this week when we split off all the girls started talking about their first dates, one asked me about mine and I said I had never been on one and that same girl says "oh, I am so sorry!" I was like "It's ok, it's not like I have a terminal disease. I'm ok with it!" :) Anyways, I feel like this next picture is going to be me when I'm old and I'm actually looking forward to it. Lyndee and I saw this lady one day when we were out yard saling. She was just sitting in her driveway watching cars go by I guess. The funny thing is it wasn't even cold that day so I don't know why she was dressed like that.
Lyndee and I went to this thrift store we really like in Denver called Gone for Good. They always have the neatest things and they don't price anything, the more you get the better deal they give you. I found these hiking boots for like 8 bucks on Friday. They were originally purchased in 1991 for 180 dollars. While they aren't the most fashionable boots they are in really good condition and hiking boots aren't cheap so finding a pair for 8 dollars is a steal and I couldn't pass them up.
Well, I'm going to head to bed. I'm exhausted from my hike today! Mom, I will try and be better about blogging. Miss everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Love the pics and the purple hiking boots! Thanks for taking the time to blog :-).

    ReplyDelete