Monday, May 6, 2013

My first real winter

I survived my first winter in Colorado!!! It wasn't that bad but definitely colder than I can really handle. And snow in May is not my idea of a good time. I am really glad that I got to experience it and go sledding and hiking in it. Freshly fallen snow is just so beautiful and pure. My favorite place that we've gone hiking is in Estes Park. There is a trail that takes you to 3 different lakes in Rocky Mountain National Park. It's cool to be able to walk across the frozen lakes, the last time we went you couldn't even tell they were lakes because they were so covered in snow. The downfall about hiking in snow is when you post hole. Erica makes fun of me for using this term but I heard it from somewhere and it stuck. The urban dictionary defines post holing as "trying to walk in deep snow and sinking up to your knees". My problem when I hike is I like to take the path less traveled, I blame it on Robert Frost, and that's when I start sinking up to my waist! My job is going great at Pearl Izumi! I truly do love where I work and who I work with. My actual work isn't always my favorite because sometimes I have to sit at my desk all day and do computer work but a lot of the times my projects allow me to get up and interact with different people. Working in an environment with a lot of runners and cyclers is fun and different. Some of those people are crazy, this one guy just ran a 50 mile race last week!!! I wouldn't even want to ride a bike for 50 miles let alone run 50. I really wish that I could take this job with me where ever I go next (which I'm hoping is Nashville). I don't really have much to say, I haven't blogged in like 6 months and should have a lot to say but I just wanted to get started blogging again so that's all I have for now. I hope everyone is doing good and enjoying the nice warm weather. I miss all of you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment